Beautiful, Charming Savannah
Beautiful, Charming Savannah
No matter what brings you to our vibrant city, you'll never run out of things to do in Savannah. From horse-drawn carriage rides and ghost tours to museum visits and day-trips to the beach, Savannah offers a long list of attractions and activities for every member of your group. And, it's all easily accessible from East Bay Inn's perfect downtown location.
We often suggest that first-time Savannah visitors take a trolly tour. These tours are designed to give you a comprehensive view of the entire historic district. All of the tour companies offer an "On/Off" experience, allowing each guest to return to specific places of interest at their leisure. Be sure to bring a pen to mark your interests along the way.
Our concierge will be happy to help you with information about our award winning restaurants located throughout the Historic District. We do recommend advanced reservations during the months of March-June & October-November.
Below is a list of the most often visited places by previous East Bay Inn guests.
Sites & Activities Near East Bay Inn:
- Haunted Ghost Tours - Trolleys pick up from the hotel
- Shopping and dining on Broughton Street - Walk 3 blocks
- Spas - Several options within a few blocks
- River Street- Walk 1 Block
- Forsyth Park- Walk 1.2 Miles-25 Minutes
- City Market- Walk 0.4 Mile-9 Minutes
- Roundhouse Railroad Museum- Walk 1.1 Miles-23 Minutes
- The Ships of the Sea Museum- Walk 0.6 Mile-12 Minutes
- Jepson Center for the Arts and ArtZeum- Walk 0.6 Mile-12 Minutes
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace- Walk 0.5 Mile-10 minutes
- Davenport House- Walk 0.3 Mile-5 Minutes
- The Pirate's House- Walk 0.3 Mile-6 Minutes
- River Street Riverboat Company- Walk 1 Block
- Dolphin Magic- Walk 1 Block
- Oatland Island Education Center- Drive East 5.7 Miles-11 Minutes
- Tybee Island- Drive 17.5 Miles-28 Minutes
- Tybee Island Lighthouse & Museum- Drive 16.4 Miles-26 Minutes
- Fort Pulaski- Drive 13.8 Miles-23 Minutes
- Old Fort Jackson- Drive 3.8 Miles-10 Minutes
- Wormsloe Plantation- Drive 9.3 Miles-14 Minutes
Savannah’s Haunted Attractions
Savannah's long history naturally lends itself to the possibilities of haunted mansions, streets, cemeteries, homes, and even hotels. Experience the thrill of a chilling walk or ride through the city's most haunted spots, when you take part in one of Savannah’s many ghost tours. The East Bay Inn itself is one of many haunted hotels in Savannah, but not to worry --- our ghosts have a friendly reputation.
St. Patrick's Day
Irish eyes are smiling every March 17 on St. Patrick's Day in Savannah! The city's population of 250,000 nearly doubles every year as more than 200,000 visitors in green pack the Savannah streets and Waterfront for St. Patrick's Day "Savannah Style.” The East Bay Inn is always popular for parade and people watching. This historic inn is perfectly situated for your St. Patrick’s Day experience. Use the East Bay Inn for your home base during the festivities as you enjoy the party, rest and rejuvenate, and rejoin the fun.
Our Hotel is near the Savannah Convention Center
Enjoy charming, comfortable accommodations right across the river from the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center at The East Bay Inn. Our hotel is located just a few miles from the convention center, which you can get to by car over the Talmadge Memorial Bridge or with the free Savannah Belles Ferry. The ferry, which departs from River Street at City Hall and docks directly in front of the convention center, offers a unique way to visit attractions on both sides of the Savannah River.